In NCERT Class 6 Geography, Chapter 2, “Globe Latitudes and Longitudes,” students are introduced to the concepts of latitudes and longitudes and how they are used to find the location of any place on the globe.
In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of studying latitudes and longitudes, and how the MCQs can be useful for students to test their knowledge and prepare for exams.
class 6 geography chapter 2: Globe Latitudes and Longitudes
To help students assess their understanding of these concepts, we have compiled a list of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) for Class 6 Geography Chapter 2.
These MCQs cover various topics, including the Equator, Prime Meridian, meridians, and time zones, and are designed to test students’ knowledge and understanding of these concepts.
1. What is the imaginary line that runs around the Earth horizontally?
b) Prime Meridian
c) Tropic of Cancer
d) Antarctic Circle
Answer: a) Equator
2. How many degrees of longitude does the Earth have?
a) 90 degrees
b) 180 degrees
c) 360 degrees
d) 720 degrees
Answer: c) 360 degrees
3. What is the distance between two adjacent meridians at the Equator?
a) 10 km
b) 111 km
c) 1 km
d) 1000 km
Answer: b) 111 km
4. What is the maximum number of time zones on Earth?
Answer: a) 24
5. Which line divides the Earth into the Eastern Hemisphere and Western Hemisphere?
b) Tropic of Cancer
c) Prime Meridian
d) Tropic of Capricorn
Answer: c) Prime Meridian